JACK TRICE COIN GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GIVEAWAY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Meyocks “Jack Trice Coin Giveaway” (“Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and D.C. who, as of the time of entry, are at least 18 years and the legal age of majority in their state of residence or older. Employees, officers, directors, and representatives of Meyocks (collectively, “Sponsor”), or any of Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliate entities, or advertising or promotion agencies, and members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, officer, director, or representative, are not eligible to enter or win (where immediate family member means parent, spouse, or sibling). Void where prohibited by law. By participating in the Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these official rules. An entrant is not a winner of any Prize (defined below) until the entrant’s eligibility as a winner has been verified, the entrant has been notified that verification is complete, the entrant has completed and submitted all required forms (including an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release if required) and entrant has otherwise complied with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
- GIVEAWAY PERIOD:The Giveaway will begin on November 18, 2023, at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 19, 2023, at 11:59 PM ET (“Giveaway Period”). The sponsor’s timekeeping device is the official clock of the Giveaway.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Giveaway Period, an eligible individual may enter the Giveaway using the following method of entry: Share the Giveaway post on Facebook.
If you do not have a Facebook account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Facebook account at Facebook.com. The name of the person submitting an Entry into the Giveaway must be the name of the authorized account holder of the Facebook account used to enter, otherwise, the Entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account used during the Entry process. The potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such account. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
- ENTRY LIMITS; ODDS:Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of the number of Facebook accounts such person may hold. All Entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Odds depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES: By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation. The Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. By acceptance of your submission, you acknowledge that the Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. The Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries. As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Entries must comply with these Official Rules and the relevant Facebook network posting guidelines. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that is accompanied by any comment or content which: (a) is sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) is obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) promotes terrorist or violent acts such as providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (e) defames, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about the Sponsor, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) contains trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (except the Sponsor’s), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except the Sponsor’s), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (g) contains trademarks or contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by the Sponsor) without permission; (h) contains background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant; (i) contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the entrant, without permission; (j) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate; (k) depicts, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. ENTRIES ACCOMPANIED BY POSTS TO FACEBOOK ARE NOT EDITED BY THE SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by the Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to waive the submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS; ODDS:Once the Giveaway Period ends, all eligible Facebook Entries will be pooled together, and one potential winner will be selected from the pooled Entries in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent.
- PRIZES: One (1) prize will be awarded to each of one (1) winner was selected from the Facebook pool of entries described in Section 6 above. The prize consists of a limited-edition Jack Trice coin. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the prize is $100. There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for the prize, and the prize must be accepted as awarded, except that the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute any portion or all of a prize, with a prize of comparable value or cash. The prizes consist only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of any prize or any component thereof that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued in the winner’s name if required by law. In the event of a cash prize, or any other prize which requires an additional expenditure to use the prize, the expense will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
- NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS:The potential prize winner will be notified via Facebook direct message. If a potential prize winner does not respond to the notification within 24 hours of the initial attempt, he or she may be disqualified, and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. The winner is subject to verification. Each potential winner will be required to provide the Sponsor with a valid physical mailing address (not a P.O. Box) within the time stated in the message notification. Potential winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, also be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release, and a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600), within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible Entries received. We will select only up to one alternate winner.
- GRANT/TRANSFER OF RIGHTS; PUBLICITY:By submitting an Entry, entrant/you acknowledge and agree that the submission of an Entry grants irrevocably and assigns to Sponsor and its agents and assigns the exclusive irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right, title, and interest, in and to the Entry, whereby Sponsor and its agents and assigns may reproduce, publish, edit, revise, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or parts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by Sponsor and its assigns in their discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and all other purposes (including posting on any websites, and/or other media and channels), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The Entrant hereby disclaims any rights, including any copyright or any other intellectual property right, in or to the Entry following the assignment contemplated hereby. Further, to the extent Entrant may have moral rights in the Entry submitted, he/she hereby waives all such moral rights in favor of Sponsor and Sponsor’s assigns.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and each of the foregoing’s parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and licensees, as well as their respective officers, directors, owners, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents of each of the foregoing, as well as Facebook (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible, and will have no liability for, (a) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of the Giveaway, the communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage, or processing of entries, or the administration of the Giveaway, (b) any force majeure event or any other event outside Sponsor’s control that may cause any alteration, postponement or cancellation of any part of the Giveaway or any prize; (c) any injury or damage to any individual or property due to any potential winner’s claiming of a prize or any Giveaway-related activity undertaking by any participant, potential winner, or winner; (d) any illegible or unclear phone numbers, address, or entry information provided, any failure on behalf of a potential winner to check or receive a direct message or to respond to any winner direct message sent. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR OTHER DAMAGE OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF ANY PRIZE WINNER’S USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. By entering, each entrant fully releases, covenants not to sue, and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of the operation of the Giveaway, participation in the Giveaway, the acceptance, receipt or use (or misuse) of any prize or prize component and/or any use of the entrant’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation all claims and liabilities based on any personal injury, property damages, loss, and/or death. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Giveaway, or the redemption, acceptance, receipt or use or any prize or prize component. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical, printing, production or other error in the administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of any prize or notification of any winner. In no event will more prizes than the number stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Each winner agrees to execute such additional release(s), waiver(s) of liability and/or agreement(s) as may be required by a provider of a prize component, within the time period specified by Sponsor or the provider, if so required.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION; VENUE; JURISDICTION: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Giveaway, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND BY ENTERING EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES. All issues and questions arising from or relating to the Giveaway or these Official Rules, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Iowa. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Giveaway or relating to these Official Rules must be instituted solely and exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Polk County in the State of Iowa, and the party’s consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising from or relating to the Giveaway or these Official Rules.
- WINNER’S NAME AND OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: For the name of the winners, available after November 19, 2023, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a mail request letter with your full name and mailing address as well as your clearly stated request to: ATTN: “Jack Trice Coin Giveaway”, Meyocks, 6800 Lake Drive, Suite 150, West Des Moines, IA 50266.
- Sponsor AND ADMINISTRATOR: Meyocks, 6800 Lake Drive, Suite 150, West Des Moines, IA 50266 (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.