Everyone else offers internships. But we’re not like everyone else. And neither are you.
At Meyocks, we believe getting real world experience in this industry is ultimately going to mean more for you than just making coffee runs. That’s why we don’t offer internships here.
We offer mentorships. And our mentorships are for those who are just as serious about this industry as they are about making a mark in it.
Currently we’re searching for a student looking to make their mark as a Public Relations mentee to join our team this fall. The ideal candidate will be mentored and work directly with a public relations manager to support media relations, copywriting, proofreading and analytics. This position also involves collaborating with internal client teams to ensure flawless idea execution.
In this role you will:
- Assist our public relations manager in the development of press releases, guest columns, and website and magazine content
- Build media lists for earned media efforts
- Make calls to media to confirm receipt and encourage coverage of news releases and guest columns
- Collect media clips and generate clip reports with key performance indicators and return on investment
With the following experience and skills:
- Working toward a college degree in public relations or journalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate and skilled at fact-checking
- Ability to work 15+ hours per week
- Experience with Cision, PowerPoint, clipping services and mail merge a plus
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and organized
- Comfortable with interacting with key media contacts over the phone
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with media contacts and fellow team members
- Ability to handle pressure of deadlines and multiple projects
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Flexible and open to feedback
So, ready to make your mark? Then send your resume to Kendra Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org for a PR Mentorship that means more.