As a data scientist, you would be responsible for assisting in the entire lifespan of Meyocks data tech stack. Personal growth opportunity to develop skills in SQL, R, and Python to better assist in the maintenance of the data tech stack, as well as assisting in data science projects.
You would learn client strategy and help drive decisions about what data to collect, as well as how to use it effectively. You would develop a deep understanding of the nuances and limitations of various data sources. You would utilize languages such as SQL, Python, and R to develop and maintain ETL pipelines. You would work with the team to foster custom solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
You would ensure fellow team members had proper access to data. You would act as an administrator in the visualization platform and become an expert in the intricacies of that visualization tool. You would become experienced in data security, governance, and privacy.
You would create reports and make trends and insights visual for consumption by internal team members and clients alike. You would find and use various technologies and techniques to roll up detailed data into meaningful information, assist in setting up reporting systems to make information available on a self-service basis, and create dashboards in Tableau that make trends and insights easy to see.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in data science, computer science or other quantitative discipline
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply it to achieve business objectives
- Willingness to learn new skills and continual improve
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter: quick learner, intuitive and proactive
- Experience with a similar role in a professional environment preferred
- Proficient with SQL and one or more of the following: Python, R, or Julia
- Experience in a visualization tool like Tableau preferred
- Prefer candidate in the Des Moines, Iowa, area but open to telecommuting options (U.S. locations only) for highly qualified candidates